Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Palos

NV30 performance level hints ;)

Ok courtesy of neowin.net:

"From our most mighty source ooo, we have picked up some top information on Nvidias latest graphics chip, the NV 30.

First some impressive information on how fast it is : whilst playing Quake 3 at 1280x1024 with FSAA 4x NV30 gets 2.4 times the score GF4 TI 4600 gets; Playing Doom 3, NV30 gets 3.5 times the performance Ti4600 shows; NV30 gets 3 times more points over at 3dmark 2001 then that ol' card 4600.

Also, the pixel fill while using AF x2 is 2.7 faster then 4600, and NV30 can run 200 million triangles per second, which is quite impressive. Finally : The banwidth on the new board gets to the speed of 48GB/sec using DDR-II that will run at 1Ghz; but it's in doubt that samsung will supply them any time soon.

Sounds like a very, very nice card."

The banwidth on the new board gets to the speed of 48GB/sec using DDR-II that will run at 1Ghz

OMFG!

I'll believe it when I see it I'm afraid.

"Leaked specs" always fly around prior to the release of a card and last I heard NVidia were having issues that could possibly delay the card to Q1 2003.

I find it a little hard to believe that a card released would be almost three times as fast as anything currently available - sure it would be impressive and I'm sure NVidia will apply a nice price tag to go with it, but I'm a little dubious of those claims.

I also saw they were claiming it was around 3 times faster than the current GF4.

This would lead to 3DMark scores in excess of 36,000!!!

Somehow I can't see that just yet.

Well i might have believed them if they hadnt thrown that stupid 3dmark score thingy in smile NO way its getting that unless its got cpus strapped to it smile

That's very cool. I've seen something like that before that looked a little nicer, but I can't remember where. I just know it wasn't the one clutch linked.

If I did that, I'd put in a cappucino machine laugh