Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jdc0724

Command and Conquer Renegade

Hi, I am using Windows 2000 professional. I have command and conquer (tiberian sun) and it works fine. I have all kinds of games that work fine on win2k. However, I cannot even get Renegade to install. As soon as I start the install process I get reverted back to the desktop (which is all blanked out) and I get a message box that says exactly the following:

"Setup.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows". "An error log is being created".

I get this everytime. At first I thought it was the game. I returned it for a brand new copy and this one does the exact same error. I have done reading and have seen all kinds of different things that seem to effect win2k. Originally, the setup program started and prompted to install a newer version of Direct X. It then had me reboot and this is when I started to get the error message. I thought maybe the direct x version was wrong so I reinstalled Tiberian sun (since this game has always worked) and it installed fine. Then I tried to install renegade again and I still get the same error message as above.

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

JDC0724

I just bought Renegade for my Win2k Prof. machine and it works fine. How many different ways hae you tried to install it? Have you looked onto the disk and tried different things in there? (I.E. runnning the "setup.exe" off the disk instead of the auto-play) I had a problem similar to this on my brothers win 98 comp, but his computer sucks! wink

Regards

Kris

It is an old topic, but I now have this problem. I'm new on W2000 and I wanted to play my Renegade game, but it will not instal. It's the same problem as the topic starter had/had.

Is there an solution jet?

Running W2000 (fully apdated)

DirectX9