Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gdc

W2K Lock desktop

Can someone assist? I have a Acer laptop on a network running w2k with active directory.

Laptop runs w2k, The laptop keeps automatically locking the desktop after about 15mins of inactivity. I have tried various power sav settings to no avail, done the reg entry to stop the use of lock desktop with no change. Active directory is not pushing any policies to the group this user belongs to, very baffeling this is the ony computer out of 120 runnin w2k on this server that is doing it.

Thanks

Can someone assist? I have a Acer laptop on a network running w2k with active directory.

Laptop runs w2k, The laptop keeps automatically locking the desktop after about 15mins of inactivity. I have tried various power sav settings to no avail, done the reg entry to stop the use of lock desktop with no change. Active directory is not pushing any policies to the group this user belongs to, very baffeling this is the ony computer out of 120 runnin w2k on this server that is doing it.

Thanks[/qu

You have 2 chance to change power saving settings. One of them i think you tried is in the win2k control panel. The other is from the bios settings. But be careful in the bios settings. If you don't know about bios settings, forget what i said or try it with another person. ;( I wish you could solve your problem ;(

Quote:
Thanks

I know it sounds simple but is the screen saver active??? If set to it will automatically lock the machine when SCR kicks in.