Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

Highpoint Controllers & Norton Software

Noticed this at www.g256.com

Quote:
I had an odd problem with my RAID controller (HPT372 - onboard) and sent an e-mail to Highpoint asking a question with some really detailed system info.

What fixed the problem was me restoring a Ghost image from a month ago. But, HighPoint Tech Support sent me this back:

We do not recommend using Norton software - much of it is listed as not compatible with RAID controllers

I should send that to Norton. Do they mean older versions of Norton software..? Which Norton software..?

That's a load of crap. I use NAV on my machines, one of which uses an HPT372 on-board IDE RAID controller, and both are working fine. If there is some issue between HighPoint controllers and an their AV, the guys over at Symantec need to stop smoking crack and fix it.

"We do not recommend using Norton software - much of it is listed as not compatible with RAID controllers"

My ass

Well ive used ghost, which i suppose is symantec/norton on a HTP 370 RAID controller with no problems. The transfer rate was seemingly capped at 140mb/minute but apart from that it worked fine.