Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
webgod

Mozilla

I am using mozilla as a webbrowser which has a ton of features...One feature however does not seem to work quite right.

The e-mail feature only works within the first 5 minuites of the time my computer first boots up. After 5 minuites it just sits there and says "Connecting" but never connects to my mail server.

I can still use the internet and can check my mail through www.mail2web.com so I know it has to be something wrong with my computer setup.

Any Ideas?

I am running Win2k Pro, SP3

Are you using a recent build of Mozilla? (eg 1.1a or better) If not, you might want to upgrade as the mail client has improved a bit (so I'm told).

Yes...I downloaded version 1.1 and 1.0 it in an attempt to correct the same problem I was having with Outlook Express.

I got it working earlier today by reinstalling SP3 and then after the second restart it worked fine.

About an hour later Automatic Update downloaded a security patch for Internet Explorer 6 and when it restarted it no longer was fixed...

I tried to duplicate what I had done earlier but it did not work the second time.

Any other ideas!!

that sounds mighty weird. I had a simalar problem with no mail clients working in windows xp but internet was working. My fix was a reinstall. Have you looked at your event veiwer in computer management? I find it often tells you quite a lot about weird problems such as this.

Are you running any firewall? like NIS or so.

I had it go bunkers twice and block access to the mail server.

but only mail server.

Uninstall did the trick.

Also it appears your problem is not with your software or settings something is blocking your access. Otherwise it would have never worked.