Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
reversing_drive

GTA2

Where can i get GTA2???

I have been looking everywhere to get the game for PC, Computer shops, web sites ect...

Though no luck so far

GTA1 and GTA3 seem easy enough to get hold of, though GTA2 seems a rarity.

I mean my computer won't run GTA3 (It is meant to be a kickass game, though my computer lacks the gift of speed).

And GTA1 is just poor when when i could have GTA2. Though i gotta say i miss riding motorbikes in GTA2.

Anyone no where i can get older games, here in Australia for the PC?

Cheers,

PS, Legal ones only, i allready own a pirate version, no shame in admitting that when i am genuinlly trying to get the legal version.

Try searching Chips & Bits for "Grand Theft Auto"... they've got GTA2 for Windows for $12.95 (US). It looks like they will ship internationally too, though that costs a lot. I don't know what international shipping rates are usually like, but they want "$4.00 per order, $23.50 per shipment & $5.50 per item" to go to Australia. I did the checkout just to see, and the grand total came to $45.95 (US). So if you really want it, there it is. I guess you could offset the cost of shipping a little though if you order some other things through them as well...

I can't remember the link but GTA2 was available on a web site for free. Full version, and not on a warez site. It was there for like a week or 2. I did try it but it was running so slow on my pc! Anyone you might get lucky and find that site again!

I can't remember the link but GTA2 was available on a web site for free. Full version, and not on a ***** site. It was there for like a week or 2. I did try it but it was running so slow on my pc! Anyone you might get lucky and find that site again!

Just because it wasn't some specific warez site does not mean what was being offered was not still illegal.

I'm sorry, but if DMA are still charging for the likes of GTA1 & GTA3 and that if you check around enough games retailers you'll eventually find GTA2 for sale I highly doubt DMA have suddenly thought to themselves, lets offer it for free.

If they had it would be on their official site, it isn't, hence what you saw was a scum/theft illegal download.

Not strictly true. There was a site called Free Loader (or something like that) and once you signed up, you earnt credits on their site, and you could download games from their site for free.

GTA2 was one of the games on offer. The games were custom versions though, and there were strong warnings across the site saying that if you downloaded the games, you had to apply patches to the games from the Free Loader site. Using patches for the normal retail version of the game would kill it.

I didn't actually get around to trying any of the games offered for download via the site, so I don't know if they were full versions or maybe cut down ones.