Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
embj

Overclocking

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

I have an HP Pavilion Xt983 and a 540n. I was wondering if they could be overclocked. The XT983 has an HP Santa Fe mobo in it which I believe was made by that crappy Korean company, Trigem and has 5 visible jumpers on it. They read J1,J3,J9,J10,J11. The BIOS does not have a multiplier in it. Is this comp overclockable?

As for my 540n, it does have a multiplier in the BIOS. I set it @ 24x. I do not konw the mobo or the jumpers in it but does anybody know about it? Thx for the help. 8)

Both overclock pretty well, though Intel's P4's seem to be doing very well here. As for overclocking your HP, it can be done, but it will be very difficult as the options are severly limited to cut down on unnecessary tech support calls.

P4 1.6 @ 2.4 on a TH7-II, i cant really complain laugh

I always used to think amd were better for overclocking, and at the time they were. But thinking back on it, we were only talking 200-300mhz really, with loud air cooling.

This is cool cos its very nearly silent.

Intel just kicks ass!

Best quality processors and chipsets on the market.

(um serverworks makes good chipsets also but they are pretty specific.)

I have never thought of AMD procs as being good for overclocking since they were clocked so close to their limits already from the factory. Plus, I'm a big fan of pushing the FSB since that's where you'll get a bigger payoff anyway (faster transfer between CPU and RAM).

P4 2.26Ghz @ 2.26Ghz.

If 2.26Ghz is not enough for everything I need and want to do on a computer system then I'm about ready to give up!!

I'm sure overclocking is great if you've got older equipment or you are running on a tight budget.

However when I made my last upgrade I simply purchased the fastest CPU I could afford.

Sure I could have bought a 1.6 or 1.8Ghz P4 and over-clocked it, but for those few £'s more I can have high speed and everything within specification.

In my case it wasn't a few bucks more, but more like $300+ more. In addition, there were no 2.4GHz units out anyway, just the 2.0 with the 2.2s getting ready to come out.

yea I would overclock if i could and i allways experiment when I can

my current graphics card (gf2mx) is not very overclockable and doesn't really benifit if you do the little you can. That is what i find with most overclocking of anything. Some things overclock very well but most don't and I just like to keep it all in spec when it comes down to it. Overclocking is fun but the only things that I really overclocked for long periods of time was my 440bx and my tnt2 and those days are now long gone.

I got my 2.26 at 2.55 so I am happy.

I read some places that the New AMD thoroughbred core "B" can easily overclock. I think TH had an article about it.