Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BladeRunner

Web hosting/e-mail recommendation

Looking for some recommendations for web hosting companies.

Initially more personal than professional (looking for me first and the company I work for is looking to move home soon too).

Not really that many requirements, although all extras with ahost are gladly recieved as you never know when you might like to use them.

50MB of storage or there abouts ("unlimited" or much higher equally great).

A nice high monthly bandwidth allowance and not "through the roof" prices if you go over that.

E-Mail, if possible full SMTP/POP3 capabilities - many hosts get you to use your own ISP's SMTP server for sending e-mail, this can be unreliable in my case, so would like to be able to use their servers to both send & receive e-mail.

If oyu have any personal experience of hosting companies I'd be pelased to hear them.

Have a look at www.34sp.com smile

Reasonable rates, and they don't charge you for going over your bandwidth limit until you've reached about 1GB, and then they start charging. For a personal site, this is extremely unlikely to happen.

For professional sites, you'd probably want a higher disk space/bandwith limit anyway.

They have cgi/php/mysql/frontpage running, so you should be able to do pretty much anything you want. If you don't want something, just ask them to turn it off for you smile

They also have a full web based interface for administering the site/databases/users and viewing the stats of your site.

They do have SMTP servers available at extra cost, otherwise you can just use your ISP servers. You'll have to toss up and see if the cost outweighs the benefits.

Email is also available via a web interface, and you can configure extra users and give them their own address.

Pretty much everything on your site counts towards your disk quota, so that's the database, email, web pages etc.

A pretty good company, quick and efficent, and based in the UK smile

You should check out CURRENTRENDS

For as little as $7 ($84 yr) you can have everything you listed. Even the SMTP and JSP/Java to boot. :x