Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

setuppro.exe /q

alright but i have setuppls and when i do that at the command line wiht the q swithc it doesn't do a god damn thing.

I am running it from my sp2 slipstream dir should i run it from my original office cd instead?

Nope.

It comes in handy when you have an administrative install (setup /a) of your Office on a network share.

You can then perform a setup /q to patch versions of Office on your network.

Let's say your clients are running Office 2000 SP1 from your administrative share. Now let's say you update your Office 2000 Administrative share to SP2. Now you simply create an advertisement in SMS to push out "setup /q" to your clients.

Setup /q performs a silent update of Office

alright i just ran it at the command line with the original oxp cd in the drive and it still doesn't do shit just returns you to the prompt of the current directory.

Whats the deal dude?

Q: What additional features are available only with enterprise editions?

A: The enterprise CD includes Microsoft Office XP Resource Kit documentation and tools. Although all customers can acquire the tools from the Office Resource Kit Web site, the Custom Installation Wizard and Custom Maintenance Wizard work only with an enterprise edition. Enterprise editions include support for the /a (administrative Setup) and /q (quiet installation) command-line options; you cannot run Setup from a retail Office XP CD with either of these command-line options. In addition, enterprise editions come with a Volume License Product Key, which allows you to deploy Office without requiring users to activate the product.