Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PeterM

My comma separated text data is corrupted !

Hi, i have a big problem with my computer. I have a windows nt system with 1 ghz processor and 512 mb ram and a raid system.

I work with comma separated text files, sometimes they are small and sometimes they are big. My problem is that for the third time this year several text files are corrupted, it even seems that parts of data from other text files has gone into other files of text data, included with all kind of strange characters... Does anyone has an idea how this is possible ? i thought that a raid system was safe.. but i doesn't seem to be that way.. thanks for looking into my problem.. Peter !

Running NTFS? What version of RAID are you using? What kind of controller? Do you have the newest drivers for the controller? Does this only happen to the really large files?

Hi.. Yes i'm running NTFS and it happens to small and large files.. i have no idea which controller and driver i have, the system whas ready made for me.. do you think the problem lies by the controller and/or the driver ? (excuse my bad english ) :-)

I don't know, but it could be a good place to start. It could be failing harddrives as well, or flaky RAM. Do these issues only come up with these files, or do you have other problems? Do you only have problems with a certain drive set, or a certain partition on that drive set?

(sorry for my late response, i was called away), It seems that only those text files are affected, but i'm not sure. the drives are divided in a c: and a d: drive. when i check de c: drive, all is well but if i check the d: drive , it only does a part of it.. then it seems to freeze, and much later it say's that de drive couldn't be processed.. ?? so it could be indeed one of the drives or the controller.. how can i check this ? greetz

You could check with Windows Update to see if there are new drivers for it, and maybe just take a look at the card for its manufacturer, make, and model and go to their website for drivers.