Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bossen

Computer freezes when exiting wc3

I can enter warcraft 3, play as much as i want no problems at all.

but when i try to exit the program my computer either freezes, or goes bluescreen after a while.

when i enter the task manager i see that war3.exe is still running after i close it, 2-3 minutes after that i get a bluescreen.

i didnt have these problems before i installed win2k service pack 3 swedish..

I dont have this problem with any other game..

running, getright, norton anti virus, zone alarm pro firewall and msn in the background.

using latest nvidia drivers.

any ideas?

forgot to say.. that my brother is experiencing the same problem.

and our system hardware isnt nearly the same, except for win2k.

I have the exact same problem as u have. Some how nice that im not the only one, cause i thought it was something with my hardware.

I can like u play as much as i will but as soon as i exit it just hangs.

war3.exe is also running in the background but i cant quit it.

I dont get bluescreens but my screen just turn all white.

My only option is to reboot the system.

Because of that i actually stopped playing it cause it was annoying that i had to reboot everytime.

I have emailed blizzard support but they dont know what to do about it. They just told me the usual stuff, update drivers etc.

The weird thing is that it worked without problems in the beginning. I dont remember if it started after installation of SP3.

I have the following things running in the background:

Intellimouse drivers, Norton Antivirus 2002, Zonealarm, Asus Probe.

Im using the 30.82 driver for my videocard.

If u have found a solution plz tell me cause it annoys me alot not to play without a reboot.

I closed zonealarm and when i dont want to play anymore i enter single player, watch a replay for 1 minute and after that its usually safe to close the program..

Bossen

K, ill see if that can fix my problems as well. Do u close zonealarm before u enter the game, or just before u exit?

Tried reinstalling it?

Also, what does it say on the blue screen? what is the reason for it crashing...? If anything

u buy the game or no?

got new chipset drivers?

i have wc3 and i can exit no probs

since it uses a diff. res could be when u exit your vid card does not like the sudden change in res and crashes, i have had this problem many times with my tnt2 card - and with many version of drivers tried.

Well i changed to Norton personal firewall, and havent had a single crash since that. Guess it was the stupid Zonealarm.