Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
embj

HELP Needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I just installed Partition Magic Pro 7.0 and partitioned my 2 HD's. The HD that Windows XP is on I partitioned it into 2. The 2nd HD I partitioned it into 4. These are all logical partitions. Anyway that worked out fine. Then I got into a program I think was called Boot Magic (included w/ Partition Magic Pro). It automatically restarted my computer. When it tried to start it up it went into the HP PC System Recovery and it came up with the BSOD. It said: STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error} The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

I forgot to mention that this is an HP Pavilion with Win. XP already on it. frown

Can anyone help me??? Thx. :x laugh

When you ran partitionmagic, how were the partitions set up originally? I know that HP pc's with xp preloaded have a 'hidden' partition, usually the first partition on hdd1, that has essentially a restore cd on it. Also, xp is usually on the 2nd partition. If you altered what partition number xp was on, you will have to edit the boot.ini file to reflect which partition your xp installation is on. As a recommendation, unless you plan on having multiple operating systems on your pc, I wouldn't install bootmagic. Let me know if you need some more info, I can post a sample boot.ini file if needed, too.

My HP came with only one HD. I installed the other one.

Yes, the restore thing is one a hidden partition and then Win. XP is on another partition. And no I didn't alter what partition XP was on. It stayed as C:/ and the new partition was I:/.

I put the drive in my other HP Pavilion as a slave and it comes up with nothing on it. It says that the drive's capacity is 16.4gb. So the other two partitions (one with the recovery and the one with Windows)are hidden and I cannot access them through this computer.

Also, I installed Partition Magic on my other computer and that program is not called BootMagic. It is called PQ Boot. I think that I selected the System Recovery thing to boot and that is why it is screwed up.

That is a dangerous utility if you don't read it closely. 8)

what you need to do is to create partition magic boot disks. boot from these disks and tell partition magic to run the partition that win xp is installed on. (the winxp partition might be hidden, unhide it if it is)

Thanks, but I finally got it fixed after messing around with it for a few hours. I put the drive and Partition Magic Pro on my other comp that has XP. I found out the HP PC System Recovery was set as the active partition when the other partition that had Windows on it was supposed to be active. So I set the Windows partition as active threw it back in the comp. that I am now using and it works perfectly. :x