Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masterfinn

CD BURNER HELP!!!!!!

I dont know if you all out there can help me .. the last two posts i posted for help i still have no responce.. but anyways

this is my problem with my cd burner. its a Yamaha CRW2100E

the problem im having is it wont burn anymore.. and whats weird is, it recognizes the burner on boot up, and in the device manager and in nero (5.5.9.0) but when i goto windows explorer there is no drive there, nothing at all comes up.. i dont understand?.........

I burnt many cd's with it and never made a coaster ever.. and then just the other day while i was burning three of the same cd's half way through the last cd it quit on me... and poped out a coaster. and now thats all it does. And when i try to put a cd-rw in the drive my computer freezes up and i cant get the burner to eject the cd so i have to reboot..

weird stuff i tells ya.. i think my burner has had it... frown i loved this burner.. and i only got in last summer... frown

Any suggestions?????

Masterfinn

This is the Yamaha 20x? I had one at work die recently... Under normal use, not really heavy use. Perhaps you can get it RMA'd under the warranty?

It is probably defective now, but check inside the PC and see if the IDE and power cables are all snugly fit, something may have jarred loose.

I had an old Yamamha CD-RW that died on me. I was merrily using it, and then for no apparant reason, it just stopped working. IIRC something happened to the laser. You could probably get it fixed, but if it's out of warranty, you're likely to better off buying a new one.

its the 16x10x40

and yes i checked the ata cable and the power everything is fine.. i dont know if its still on warrenty i ll have to dig up the reciept and contact the place were i got it from, but so far i think it is toast.... that sucks .....i loved this burner to frown

Thanx for all the help

Masterfinn

Quote:
its the 16x10x40

and yes i checked the ata cable and the power everything is fine.. i dont know if its still on warrenty i ll have to dig up the reciept and contact the place were i got it from, but so far i think it is toast.... that sucks .....i loved this burner to frown

Thanx for all the help

Masterfinn

what a sad love history.......:(

dido

i went through 3 yamaha's in one week, they just died on me one after the other (10x models) all of a sudden, it would work, i would reboot, and POOF! gone, not working nadda

as far as i am concerned Yamaha drives are CRAP! - stick to making motorcycles! and stuff.