Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Big Dog

CD Burning Software Question

This may be a redundant question, but here goes.

I've used EZCD in the past with mixed results. Never burned a coaster with it, but had an occasional application error with it (usually when I did too many mouse clicks on the SoundStream portion).

I've had to do a clean install (Windows XP Pro) on one system, and now it's time to install the CD burning software. I have access to both Nero 5.5.9.9 and EZCD 5.1 (with the 5.3 SP4 patch).

What I like about EZCD smile - Better/easier at retrieving audio CD info from the internet (via CDDB); easier to "rip" CD audio (using soundstream); Direct CD (it's the only program that allows me to run Windows Backup and directly write to a CD)

What I hate about EZCD frown - Potential for instability; Roxio slow at acknowledging problems and providing fixes

What I like about Nero laugh - Stable, stable stable

What I hate about Nero ;( - Figuring out how to do some things (like even rip a CD or retrieve audio CD info from FreeDB) takes at least an MBA

Now... whadayathink? Is EZCD that bad? Should I stear clear, suck it up, and go with Nero? or...go with EZCD?

Quote:
Yeah, steer clear of EZCD, go with Nero..

urm...ok...can you give some specific reasons why?

Quote:
You should consider using a separate program for ripping audio... my favorite is CDex.

I've had great luck with CDex, using the lame codec, and for damaged cds, Exact Audio Copy is great.

I use like 6 programs to burn.

EZCD I use to make backups, NERO to burn ISO, and copy, CLone CD to copy protected cd's.

^^^^^ hehe, that is only 3 m8 smile

Welll, ezcd - not stabe, i mean they release a version that would kill your comp and look how long it took to address it? - to me that is BS and all they wanted was your money.

I now use nero for cd-2-cd, images bin/cue, anything. And look how often Nero has updates and such, cause they want to be stable.

Basically nero is now my app, as well sometimes cdrwin.

CloneCd - i don't make copies of protected cd's and the ones i do got, i have been able to use Nero to copy..

Use Lame as your ripper / encoder, from what i have *heard* (from dj's mainly) it is the best. period.

Well...for me i have 2 programs for burning

-Nero > for burning VCD, Datas & Musics

-CloneCD > good for backup disc, esp the ones that are protected.

And...yeh....i use a program called "Easy CD-DA extractor" to extract music from CDs and save them to mp3, and used Nero to burn the music. smile

- i think its better if u stick to Nero and CloneCD laugh , coz these program supports mostly every CD-R/W, and that u rarely get errors, while ur doing something when its burning.

----------------

My com:

( I have 2 OS > Windows ME & Windows Xp pro )

Currently using Windows Xp pro as my main OS

P3 1000Mhz

640 SDRAM

80GB HDD - 7200rpm

ASUS CDRW 40x12x48x

64mb GF2 MX200/400

----------------