Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marktait

A BIG! Problem

Ok guyz,

i bought a new case at the weekend and decided to put my comp in it that night. I did just that and did it carefully now the computer will not turn on. I stripped it to the basics (CPU,1xRAM,VIDEO) and it still wudnt turn on. I then got my cpu tested incase it was dead but it worked in a mates system.I have 2x 256mb ddr ram modules so i find it hard to believe its both of them fried. My GeForce3 has never had a problem either. My last hope was to put it all back in the old case incase the aluminium one was shortening the m/baord out but it still doesn't work in the old case. i am puzzled and i have definatley not scratched the mobo.

frown

I need help urgently....!

Thankyou guyz

Have u made sure the PSU is compatible with the new mobo, all the cables are plugged in corectly, fuses checked?

there could be a whole load of differnet factors!

Its using the same components, even the PSU is identical as the new case did not come with a PSU. I have double checked cables and the only cable in it is the power Switch cable which i have tried both ways round incase it was shortening it.

Does your video card seat completely at the far back? My current case has a slight alignment issue with my Soyo mobo, and if I do just about *anything* in my case it's enough to make the video card come out of the slot and keep the system from powering up. Oddly enough, it "should" beep that there is a video card failure, but the connection must be good enough to show that it's there, but not good enough to let it run.

I checked the screws and i have one problem that one has jammed itself into the gold connector on the case. its the same screw and it went in without a fight so i dont know how this has happened. As for front connections i am trying it with just the powerswitch and i have tried it both ways round incase that was grounding the board. As i say i have it in my old case now so the video card is fine. I am getting my geforce3 checked today in another system and a mates gonna look at the system for me aswell