Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tom-boy

Probably a very dum question.

Is it possible to run QFixApp 2.0 in Win2kPro? OK, so it is intended for XP, I know, but I'm getting a bit desperate to try anything, since ACT1.5 seems to have disappeared totally. I've spent hours looking for it. Or is there some alternative compatibility toolkit for Win2k?

ACT 2.6 has been out for a while now. It installs on XP and 2k (with Service Pack 3). Some people have had problems installing it, but it's working fine for most people.

ACT 1.5 will still work also, if you can find a copy.

Holy crap, am I actually getting rescued from depths of hell here!? 2.6, eh? Is it necessary to install SP3 in oder to make ACT to run (please say no)? I've always installed only the critical patches, since I don't want tons of fixes for problems I don't have (never use faxes, Outlook etc.)and multilingual help files for them ,hogging outsanding amounts of HD space.

ACT 2.6 requires SP3

ACT 1.5 does not

Only diff between 1.5 & 2.6 is unification of 2K/XP ACT into v2.6 and some documentation fixes. Oh and the exporting of fixes may not be compatible across both OS's.

The ACT does not increase compatibility just by installing. You have to apply the fixes yourself.(The earlier ACT's did come packaged with some Application Compatibility fixes....1.5 may have some but I doubt it.)

Dang. Well, I guess I'll have to install the SP3 as well, then. ACT1.5 comes with a quite impressive range of fixes, 130 in total. that's why it's a shame you can't find it anywhere. Wonder what happened to it? I used it to run older '95/'98 games in Win2kPro and it worked like a charm.