Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Christianb

How do you post images to the forum?

What is the proper syntax?

How%20Much%20Ram%20is%20Really%20Being%2[/img] doesn't work and

How%20Much%20Ram%20is%20Really%20Being%2 doesn't seem to either. Crazy. What am I doing wrong? Should I remove the %20s?

Thanks in Advance,

Christian Blackburn

First, you should avoid non-standard characters in your URLs anyway (the hex version of a space character is "%20") as many legacy apps will probably not function. The second one you listed looked correct, and here it is presented properly:

How%20Much%20Ram%20is%20Really%20Being%2

I would suggest that you simply use the "IMG" button next to the font selection for your post to put in the right tags, and use all lowercase characters if possible (UNIX is case sensitive, while NT is not, so strictly speak www.christianblackburn.com would be a different URL from www.ChristianBlackburn.com so make sure of what you are entering).

While viewing the options you selected, you choose "disable UBB Code in this post". Well, UBB Code is what drives the URL parser and allows for the images to be shown. smile

Quote:
so strictly speak www.christianblackburn.com would be a different URL from www.ChristianBlackburn.com so make sure of what you are entering).

Almost... domain names are not case sensitive, because the DNS resolution does not care. Once you get to the server though, the case-sensitivity issues come in to play. So http://www.christianblackburn.com/index.htm could be different than http://www.christianblackburn.com/Index.HTM if you're on a UNIX server.

Though now that I've challenged you on this, I wonder... Could the "Host Header Name" in IIS (for example) separate two web sites based only on the capitalization? I doubt it, but I'm not sure on that one... Of course the DNS resolution would still force you to put it on IP address, but I guess I could see having the server split it up...

While the standard calls for case-insensitivity, there are some old Name Servers out there that might have issues with it. Also, I was under the impression that UNIX web serving apps had the host-header resolution ability as well (I haven't had a need to run them too often). However, IIS does not care as it will resolve either way. This can be seen when a NetBIOS name is used to point to a particular site, and while the computer name is in all caps the entered URL may use sentence capitalization, while the host header could be in all lowercase. It would still work. Pretty simple, eh?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback. I used the Disable BBCode thing so I could show you what command I was using. I will try the image thing again

-Christian

Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3

How%20Much%20Ram%20is%20Really%20Being%2

Hmm I thought I'd tried that before. Now I see that it gives a little description of the syntax right beneath the Font Color and Size.