Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nick601

Win DVD: "Create Overlay Failed Try Lower Screen Res&qu

Hey

I have a copy of Win DVD 3.2 and a Creative Labs 12X DVD Player along with an ATI Radeon 7500 Graphics card running Direct X 8.1 and the Lastest drivers.

Every time i try to play a DVD i get the MEssage

Create Overlay Failed, Please Lower your screen resolution or colour depth and try again

Even when i do this the same message keeps on appearing, any ideas on how to get this to work??

Another thing this was working a couple of days ago on the same computer!! i cant think what graphics wise has changed!

Did you run Netmeeting recently? I was getting the same error message too and managed to track it down to Netmeeting causing the problem. If you run and then close Netmeeting, the problem should go away.

hey

ok i found out that it was because i disabled direct draw in the direct x program!!, i have been experiencing other problems with my computer so i disabled that in trying to solve this other prolem lol and i forgot to enable it again

if you still have probs with it i typed the error message in to google and it came up with some possible solutions mainly things like video drivers but its worth a look

Thanks