Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nick601

Win DVD Sound Very Quiet

I am running a copy of WinDVD 3.2 and i have a 4 speaker setup but windvd insists in putting it in 3d sound meaning it runs very quietly any ideas

Have you checked your system volume? go into your volumes option and have it show all devices 9line in / mic / etc) and make sure they are all turned to the max if anything to see if that halps.

Also make sure the volume slider on WinDVD is turned up.

yep done that all ready all are at max

i think what it is is the fact that it is in 4 speaker mode and that enables 3d sound which makes most of the sound come out of the front speakers but even that is quiet

im thinking if i buy one of thoes dual line in jacks and set windvd to 2 speaker mode it might work ok

yeah made sure all those are turned up, for mst of the time they are almost at their maximum which they shouldnt be

i have recently learned that the line in jack and the rear speaker jack are shared which means i cant seem to get 4 speakers in stereo i was thinking of getting a dual front speaker jack and plugging in the rear and front speakers into the front speaker jack and configuring windvd to 2 speakers only and hopefully the sound will work evenly on all speakers

If i was you, i would try something like powerdvd just to make sure the sound problem lies in WinDVD, have you also checked that your speaker are set to 4 in the sounds and audio devices panel?

i have made sure the speakers are set to 4 ill try another dvd program but i really think its because the soundcards rear speaker and line in jack are shared which is causing the problem