Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
radx

Window Popup problem

I dont know a better place to ask this question so i'll just ask it here.

When i click on links on the web withframeless windows. You know the kind without frameborder they are supposed to popup in a certain size and manner but for some reason after i upgraded to Windows Xp (Clean install) these frameless popups are not sized propperly anymore.

The window that popups covers the whole screen even when the size properties are set to something like 400x300 or whatever. I'm using IE 6.0SP1.

What could be causing this? It worked great on my computer under Windows 2000 and on all other computers i tried this webpage on so it's not an error in the code of the html.

Perhaps you'd like to see if it works for you?

When i go to www.flum.nu (my homepage) and click on any of the links under "flash top ten" a small popup is supposed to popup and play the flash and now it gives me a fullscreen playback which is really not what i want.

My closest bet would be that it could possibly have to do with the graphiccard drivers? Or what gives?

When the popup has a "frame" (normal popup) it works great but for some reason not with frameless.

Any tips helps tries would be much appreciated since this is really irritating.

This problem only happened after i installed IE 6.0 SP1

I've even tried it at work now on a Windows 2000 SP3 machine.

What gives?

Anyone has a clue as to what it could be?

Perhaps IE6sp1 has some other default values than IE6 has?

Weird problem though.

Well it looks like the site is designed to do that, if you look at the following line of javascript from the page:

Code:
NFW = window.open("",TargetWindowName,"fullscreen,"+s);

Note the "fullscreen" parameter.

And no, I can't explain why it only did it after upgrading to IE6 SP1

Thanks for repling, it doesn't make me much brighter though.

According to the

Code:
function openFrameless(TargetPage, TargetWidth, TargetHeight, TargetWindowName)

along with this

Code:
javascript:openFrameless('/flash/open.asp?id={28315179-5D27-49E1-9E51-732E5D8DC2D9}&type=Flashplayer','640','500','Flashplayer')

If you look at the source it's telling the JAVASCRIPT to put the resolution to 640x500. But for some reason it worked only before ie6.0sp1 upgrade and not anymore.. hmm perhaps theres a bug in the code then and microsoft corrected it in the new release? Sounds like a long shot to me since in Netscape the code works ok also but not in the latest IE 6.0SP1.