Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
joburgtaxi

Adminpak for XP SP1

frown Please can someone help. I had adminpak b3 installed on my XP WS and after installing XP SP1 it will no longer work. I cannot uninstall it and cannot install a new version on top because I get a service pack mismatch error.

There was a post that I found here about using miszap and then editing the registry but no instructions were given on how to do this.

PLEASE HELP ;( !!!!! I NEED TO GET THIS RUNNING ASAP

Thanks

Msizap.exe

Msizap.exe is a command line utility that removes all Windows Installer information for a product or all products installed on a computer. Products installed by the installer may fail to function after using MsiZap.

It is located here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/office2000pro/util20/1/NT4/EN-US/msicuu.exe

Simply install it and launch the application "Windows Installer Cleanup" it will open up a window similiar to your add/remove programs window. Choose the Administration Tools Pack and select remove and it will remove the necessary registry keys. After that you can install the updated adminpack.msi from the I386 directory of your installed product.

Cheers!