Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dave.green1

Norton AntiVirus 2003 Beta

Ok....I "downloaded" NAV 2003 beta.....but when I go to get rid of it I get an error msg that says that a fatal error occured and that the process can't continue.

Soo...I blew away the NAV folder and removed almost everything that referenced NAV in the registry...and it STILL says that I can't get rid of it. Also, I can't re-install my copy of NAV 2002. Because of this, my NIS 2002 and NSW 2002 won't work properly either.

Anyone else have this problem? Or am I screwed?

I'm running XP Pro on a PIII 550, with 256 MB Ram, 2 20 gb drives, Radeon 7200 64 MB SDR vid card, etc etc etc.....

Thanks in advance...

[edit] BTW I know how to play in the registry.... just can't seem to find where the linking that happens is located when I try to re-install NAV 2002 and it says that I have 2003 running already when I know it isn't there anymore....I think it's a .dll file but I have no idea whick one it is......[/edit]

that's a really bad trouble, but look through the registry with keywords such as "symantec", "NAV", or "Norton antivirus", maybe there's something you've not found...

or try performing a system restore!!

I did use add/remove....it kept coming up and saying that there was a fatal error that occured and that I cannot continue....

When I check the event logs, it tells me that an error occured.

I'm thinking of just reformatting the bloody thing.....but if anyone knows a solution that would be greatly appreciated....

I found it on Symantec's web site.....

Terminal Services need to be running in order to install it properly.....

I cannot fucking believe that.

I'm REALLY starting to hate Symantec....

Quote:
symantec is great if you only use their corporate edition software.

I would like to disagree on this... Not when it comes to finding viruses and running in general but when it comes to installation and upgrade. Corp Ed 7.6 to 8.0 sucks badly. You need to hack the registry like crazy to manage to upgrade or reinstall their client software. And not only that. You have to find all the folders spread out on the disk too.

I am very disapointed at symantec regarding upgrade and install... But I am very impressed at the performance and detection of viruses. Thats why I still run it... hehehe smile