Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
carlosforteroig

OFFICE XP PRO ERROR 1328 under Win XP Pro

Hi ! I'm new here in these forums, but I got a question ........

I recently installed Office XP Professional with FrontPage in my computer running Windows XP Pro . I installed it using the Administrator account .

After doing so I went to the Office Update web-site and I tried to apply the Office XP SERVICE PACK 1, but I got an error #1328 telling me something like that : my version is newer than the update and to check for the patch vendor and the installation failed . The Office XP Update site scanned my HD and determined I need to apply the SP-1 to my Office installation along with the SP-2 . My Office XP ISN'T a beta or an older version of Office XP . It happens my Office XP is a CD from an image of an Office XP version that is a CORPORATE version, I wasn't even required to enter a CD KEY because it had been included into the installation .

There are people telling me I will need to wait for they to update their corporate version with SP-1 and then I could apply that new version with the SP-1 included to my HOME computer, but it happens that it was a friend of mine who got that version for me "stealing" it from his father PC.

How can I apply the SP-1 to that Office XP version I got???? The error 1328 doesn't let me to apply the SP-1 nor SP-1 TOOL KIT either .

Can you please help me with that Problem???

THANKS SO MUCH

[/b]

Tis a shame that with your first post on these forum's you are talking about piracy and theft of software.

I do have one easy fix for you, go out and spend the money on the program you are obviously making use of.

Cannot afford to buy it then chose an alternative product that you can afford.

As far as I'm aware piracy is not an acceptable discussion topic on these forum's (unless it is in the "other" forum and is a general debate about the subject).

Hmm.. I've got to walk a fine line with this post... My understanding is, as everyone knows, Microsoft has banned the use of some CD keys with Windows XP SP1. This is common knowledge, and I remember reading similar stories with Office 2000, when SP1 was released. If the CD key used on your install was one of the well-distributed keys, you can bet that the CD key is blacklisted. I also echo what BladeRunner said, and there are some reasonable free alternatives. I recently installed OpenOffice, and I was quite impressed. Perhaps you should look into it. As a final comment, just because you point and click rather than shoplift, doesn't mean that you're not breaking the law.

The intention of this post was not to point fingers or to start an arguement, I apologize if it came out that way.

Assuming that you have done the right thing and have not pirated the software in question here is my work around to your problem.

Download the appropriate Service Release/Packs and any hotfixes for your version of Office and then create yourself a slipstream CD. There are heaps of step-by-step 'how to' guides for creating Office Slipstream CDs, have a search on google and you'll be sure to find something that will help you.

cheers.

AKKO