Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
abrogard

net config server reports maximum 10 users

I am a client on a small win2000 lan here in china and net config server reports maximum logged on users as 10.

When I showed this to the (chinese) lan manager he was very surprised and wants to know why and wants to change it - he will shortly need more users.

I don't really know but I think it is his user license with his copy of Win2000 server, is it?

How can I show him this (if that's what it is) on his machine, which is in Chinese ?

What must he do to increase the number?

regards, abrogard

If the "server" is a 2000 Pro box then the maximum ammount of connected users is 10.

If the server is a 2000 Server then it depends on what Licensing mode that you are using. You can easily change the amount in the Licensing panel in control panel.

If it is a 2000pro doing the job of server then there's no changing the limit?

If it is 2K server he can change the limit somehow? Pay more money to Bill or select a different approach?

I'd like to find the place on the computer where I can show him this. He doesn't trust my dos 'net config' command, I think.

then you may need to use more than one computer as servers. Even if you want to setup workgroups and peer to peer network you will be limited to 10 computers per workgroup. ;(

if he is worried about $$$$$ let me ask you, aren't windows CD's made in china? you don't have to activate it like [size:24]XP[/color] you know!!! laugh