Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
videobruce

HP 932 printer matching color to monitor

I replaced the color cartridge and the color balance is off. It leans towards green and the "cooler/warmer" only adjusts either the red or the blue. What I really need are separate RGB levels. Is there any program for printers to override the HP settings? I'm not talking about re-adjusting each and every image I want printed either as you would find in a photo editor program. I'm talking about matching the monitor to the printout.

I looked under color management and the icm files don't tell you the RGB ratios.

Yes

ther heads are not out of alignment nor are they dirty, it's a re-manufactured cartridge. It leans towards the green side as in white balance for a video camera being off.

PS: I love your signature!!!!

Well, this is a totally biased response, but I used to work for an HP-Authorized service center, and we always recommended the use of HP cartridges, not the remans or refills. Have you used these cartridges before? I would assume that the quality of the ink could vary significantly, but I could be wrong.

laugh

Thanks for the note about the sig..

Yes on the bias, but no on the cartridges. I know that the cartridge IS the problem, but other than throwing it out (I have 2 of them), I want to try to correct it electronically by adjusting the CMY levels. I would say RGB, but this is a printer issue, not monitor.

I need to edit a icm profile, but have no idea how to do it. There must be a program to do so, other than another image editing program that I don't want or need. I use Thumbs Plus.

This all came about trying to print a web page color sample of a toilet! Yes, toilet, needless to say the print came out crappy!

(Couldn't resist that one...............sorry!)