Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Internet accelerators?

Does anyone know a good and actually working internet accelerator for a 56k modem. Even though I get an average of 4kbp-6kbps it still kinda sucks. Anyone know a good one?

no.

no such thing really.

best thing is something to auto resume downloads...

everything/anyhting else is just cr@p.

I agree, these so called accelerators do nothing really.

They MAY speed up browsing, but for donwloads nothing, cause its the bandwidth that matters.

Quote:
Even though I get an average of 4kbp-6kbps it still kinda sucks.

For 56kbps, that's actually quite good, given relative quality of phone lines.

Honestly though, not many people legitimately have access to .NET yet... unless they're either beta testing it or have signed up for the CPP.

Quote:
Honestly though, not many people legitimately have access to .NET yet... unless they're either beta testing it or have signed up for the CPP.

yea i know just a random thought

he isn't lookin for a dl resume anyway he just wants the download to go faster. I feel realy spoiled when i think about how i get pissed off when i am getting less than 100k

Yeah I just moved to my new actual office from my home office, cable to DSL and I feel like my d:ck shrank 3 inches. I am already in the process of convincing my partner and CEO to up the DSL to anything higher than 640Kbps. I went from downloads at an average of 300K to downloads at 60K!!! I do realize there are 10 other computers on the connection as well. I will have to do some bandwidth limiting here now that I have a full fledged IT room, instead of being the guy that comes in (from home) when things go wrong or need up[censored].