Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Christianb

Unable to hear sound while playing certain DIVX files

Hi Gang,

I'm not even sure why anyone would even do this, but I've come across maybe 2 or 3 DIVX files on from KaZaA that I'm unable to play back. Basically these DIVX files are using Windows Media Audio V2 instead of Mp3 for the audio. I have Divx 5.02 Installed on my Windows 2000 SP3 system. Aside from this I'm experiencing absolutely no other audio or video playback problems. As far as I know the divx format is supposed to be encoded with MP3 for audio. I think that's part of the DIVX spec. So I don't even know why people are encoding these files using WMA anyhow. I have tried to play them back in both the DIVX brand "DivX Player 2.0 Alpha" and Windows Media Player 7.1, neither of which will play back the audio. I don' thave any WMA 2.0 audio files to verify whether or not I just have a problem with them in general. However I know that Windows Media player will download a codeq if it's not installed and one is available, and I'm pretty sure that WMA 2.0 sound would come with Windows Media Player 7.1 since it's the most recent non beta. I can however play Windows Media v8 files without any trouble. If anyone has a V2 audio file I would love to try and play it? Or if you happen to know of a player or codeq I need to install that would also help.

Thanks for any and all help guys,

Christian

Did you try an AC3 filter? http://www.ptuj.com/divx/out.php?type=program&id=35

This isn't the only ac3 filter around. If it dosen't work try to find another or post back and I'll tell you where to find them.

Rcently I had a similar problem. I downloaded a XviD file. I had to download 3 codecs to get the fight one.

Good luck.

Hi Tomay,

Thank you for the audio filters. Unfortunately neither of them added sound to the files I needed. Here's the file I have it's DIVX and WMA 2 not AC3. Do you know what one I'll need for that?

DivXWMA2.png

Thanks for the help all the same,

Christian Blackburn