Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

Happy Holidays!!

Hope everyone gets what they want from Santa this year.

I do hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Be safe and happy laugh

Christmas is now three hours old here and I think it is time for me to hit the sack - for fear of Santa deciding not to stop by with me still being up.

I'll add my "Merry Christmas" to all the people of NT Compatible old, new, friend and foe!!

May the holidays and following new year bring everyone peace and happiness. An end to the US (Bush) war efforts would be nice, too.

Isn't that a military thing where the officers trade places with the enlisted?

Santa brought me a nice little DV camera, so I am all Giddy.

Quote:
Um, what is "boxing day"? I have heard of it before mentioned in the past on various forums... is it a UK thing?

Testing my memory here, but I believe it's a Canadian holiday; The day after Christmas. I don't remember the significance of it, and I really hope that doesn't offend anyone...

Quote:
Um, what is "boxing day"? I have heard of it before mentioned in the past on various forums... is it a UK thing?

To be honest I don't know what the holiday is all about, all I know is that in the UK we have a bank holiday on the 26th and it's called Boxing Day...

Well, after a quick google search, here is your answer: http://www.snopes2.com/holidays/christmas/boxing.htm

Hmmm...you learn something new every day. I have to say that I thought Boxing Day always referred to fights of a Queensbury pugilistic nature...ah, well, can't be right every time laugh

Anyway, hope you all had good Christmases (or whatever - I work in a company with people from many different faiths, yet they all celebrate Christmas! As one of them said, it's not as though Christmas is a religious festival any more...!) and that Santa brought you what you wanted.

Hope you all have a very good New Year - and remember, if you don't make any resolutions, you won't be able to break them laugh

Rgds

AndyF

AlecStaar, I really hope you follow thru with quitting smoking... I don't smoke, but I hear it takes a lot of will-power to quit. I wish you the best of luck.

Boxing Day could be a Canadian holiday. But as a Canadian myself we think of Boxing day as the day to return our "BOXED" Christmas gifts, and get other things. Some really good deals on boxing day, most stores are open, however, it is recognized as a government holiday here.

Here is the easy way to quit.

I bought 3 Boxes of those cheap Little Debbie Swiss Rolls.

Everytime I wanted to smoke I choked 4 or 5 of those down till it made me sick. After Like 3 days the thought of smoking made me gag.

Worked nonetheless laugh