Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Norton Corporate Edition 7.6 question

Does it scan incoming emails in email clients? Does it have a Real-time monitor?

Better to use Nav 2003 pro?

NAV Corp does have an Exchange/Outook/Lotus Notes plugin. We don't run either of those apps at our place, so I can't tell you how well they work.

The version of NAV that I use at home integrates into my Outlook very well and is top notch at spottig infected files as they are emailed into me.

NAV Corp does real time scanning, but I'm not sure what you mean about a monitor. Are you asking if there's a window you can open and see exactly which files are being scanned at the time? If so, then I don't think that's possible.

When you run a full system scan, you can see what is being scanned though.

it works fine

if u are using xp u have to d/l symevent update file or nothing will work.

it's not easy to find on the symantec website (they want u to buy new stuff for xp) but it's there.

i have it if u cant find it.

Norton Corporate 7.6 doesn't require any updates to run under WinXP - That is our standard version here at work and it is happily running on the three WinXP machines we have.

As for better to use Norton 2003 for home - well you've got no choice, unless you fancy buying the minimum of ten licenses I believe it is of the corporate edition for use at home.