Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
graymalkin

MP3 Editing Question

Recently I downloaded an album which was one large mp3. Question is how do I create an audio cd with the ability to search track by track instead of just one large mp3 file???

You can use a program called EAC (Exact Audio Copy) to creat a cue sheet that will split the file up into its component songs. It's a bit of a trick to use, but it works well once you've got the hang of it.

It's similar to AudioGrabber, in that you can also use it to grab tracks from cd uadio, and so will require ASPI drivers to be installed if you don't have them already.

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

EAC can't create cue sheets when an image is already processed. You need to find a cue sheet for your album. What genre of music is it?? If it is dance you can find a good site here You might be able to make a sheet at that site too, as well as search the FreeDB to make one. Pretty much if you need a cue sheet that is the best place to go.

EAC can create a cue sheet, you just have to find the breaks between tracks yourself and enter the times manually. I've done it several times. It's not exactly the easiest thing in thw world but it's entirely possible.

But it's good to know there's a place you can go to find cue sheets for albums.