Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
packman

GOOD NEWS for Win2k users on networking from front page!

From the MS Knowledge Base article 329251, it would appear that MS Windows 2000 Pro SP3 isn't relevant for this fix. My guess is that most of us are using SP3.

Yes, SP3 has been out for, what seems to a die-hard Win2K person like me, a LONG time. I seem to recall it was finally released last June/July. As 'adam' quite rightly points out, the beta versions of SP4 are already in train.

It's difficult to know whether this patch is worth adding. According to the MS KB article, ipnat.sys affects a number of network-related features, including Internet Connection Sharing, and that's something I happen to use. The patch is described as a "performance improvement", so I guess it's not going to "correct" a bug.

If anyone knows more about network address translation and how this patch might affect it, I'm 'all ears'.

i use nat on my server to split up the cable to all the comps on the network. When i use 2k it is noticable than it is now with .NET server. As .NET is still in RC phase it gets all hotfixes by default. I am sure that you guys with win2k nat routers will want to install this.