Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Guvernment

HP has alot of nerve!

Hey all

yesterday i bought a Hp scanner (could not find the epson one i wanted).

So i go ahead and install the HP software for the scanner, all is well, and i figure just use there software.

Well, after installation, there is an icon on my desktop called

"Share-to-Web Upload Folder"

see, i like a clean desktop, the only icon i got on it is my recy. bin, all other go into my quicklaunch.

So, i highlight the icon, "delete" - nothing........ mmmm, try it again......nothing.... still there, okay..

Right click on it - "remove from desktop" .................. nothing, mmmmmmmm, weird.

documents and settings /user/ desktop - does not even show an icon as being on ther desktop.

So, wtf has HP done so that i can not delete this useless!!! icon from my desktop, to force me to have an icon i do not want, nor will ever use is a stupid move if you ask me!!!

So:

1. how dare hp!

2. how the heck can i get ride of this ugly icon on my desktop! (with out uninstalling there software...?)

Does the shortcut show up in the desktop folder, or are they hiding it somewhere else? Also, what are the properities on this thing?

Use msconfig to see what is starting up

Also try using the power tools and tweakui to try and disable it

[edit!]

stupid me!>.lol

there was a wizard for the share thing, but on the properties, when ever i tried to run it would not do anything, so i ran it from the installed dir, and it worked

was an option to turn it off..lol

stupid matt!

*smacks head!* DOH!