Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Guvernment

Bets programing for recording steaming audio?

Hey all, did a few searches on here under recording and streming, but could not find a post that really had this.

i need a program to record live streaming audio,

mainly from this site

www.digitallyimnported.com

it streams either via winamp or via media player, i look on google, but found nothing that seemed decent.

any recommendations?

Hi Mr. Guvernment,

Generally speaking streaming audio is secure data. Meaning that you can only hear it once or at least that's what the software developers would like. The best way to get around this type of security is to hack the drivers. I am aware of absolutely 0 popular programs that speak directly to Audio hardware in Windows. Almost all of these program use Direct Sound, which then speaks to the drivers, that in turn output sound through your hardware. If you have a popular audio card like something ISA bus from creative labs I wouldn't be at all suprised if you were able to find a some people that wanted to write an open source wrapper to record secure audio. However all that aside there are far simpler ways of doing it. You could buy a Male-Male audio cable. Take the Line out and plug it into the line in. While listening to your favorite shows you could then use any good audio recorder (Audacity is the best freeware option, Cool Edit Pro is the best commerical choice) and record the music. If you want to be able to hear the music at the same time you're listening to it you'll need to buy a splitter which is very common.

Have fun recording,

Christian

I don't know if this is exactly what you want, but, X-Ripper will record nearly anything coming through the sound card. I must have tried 10-20 other programs, but, this one just works. Downside... it's not freeware, but, $17 isn't excessive.

http://www.sonetics.net/

------------------------

Whow... you want to look at these links!

I think this is exactly what you want.

http://radio.about.com/c/ht/02/12/How_Record_Streaming_Audio1039107371.htm

http://www.silent-bob.de/en/long.htm

Hi Jim and Mr. Guvernment,

I just wanted to laugh, and say my solution is open source and multi-platform so there! laugh No, seriously the program he has mentioned may be a better solution. I know what I described will work 100% of the time if your audio-out and audio-in features are set up correctly. The tool he mentioned will not. However in all fairness there is a downside to what I have recommended, I don't think that you'd be able to record surround sound using the method I've described, unless your card has surround -in (which I suppose would be at least two audio jacks) as well. Also my solution won't work if you have an S-PDif connector, however it may indeed work if you adjust my instructions for the newer interface.

Adios Amigos,

Christian

streamripper! that is what a friend was trying to tell me about!

well, i just realised as well...LOL stupid me!!!!

i got a 2 computers, the one already runs audio out into my dell, and i can simply use my dell to record from the line in!!>.lol

i know it could be done, with free software - as i used to always do it with my old comp and my sound blaster software smile or just did an audio out to my tape deck.

thn x guys! shall see what i can do!

Stream ripper will work well you might also want to check out

Total Recorder www.totalrecorder.com

Soundforge www.sonicfoundry.com

Most groups use Sound Forge to rip off the radio, but stream ripper will work fine for ripping audio streams.

I like DJ Ciocomix off of DI.FM he is a good trance DJ. Not as well known as most big name DJs but still is good in his mixing.