Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

C&C Generals resolution problems.

Just picked this game up and the Max Res I get to choose from is 1280 x 960

Since I have a LCD this doesn't look as good as it would at 1280 x 1024

ANyone know what to edit to manually enter the res?

Actually, 1280x960 is a 'proper' resolution. By that, I mean a 4:3 ratio, like 640x480, 800x600, 1280x960, 1600x1200, etc. Not really sure why 1280x1024 really took off, as that is really the oddball... And yes, I run my desktop at 1280x1024...

smile

You might be able to adjust the resolution with a third party app to fit your screen better... Also, as was stated in a thread a few days ago, if the screen is off-center in a certian resolution, try changing refresh rates.

P.S. How is Generals? Thinking about buying that this weekend.

yeah it is definetly good - but am starting to get bored of it already frown

same ol thing - just prettier graphics.

but kick'n the GLS ass is fun with china or the us - drop a nice big fat nuke - or use the partical cannon!! i usually build about 5 of them, then all at once BAM! and do a a-10 fly over as well smile

A little more fast paced but it is fun with the unique units each side has.

I found the fix, You have to edit the options.ini that they put in your My Documents folder

8) OK, if you really like AoE 2 get Age of Mythology..SOO good.

for about the first 2 or 3 days that I was playing it I was actually going around saying "RARRR"...man those hydras aren't very good game-wise, but they're funn as all hell. And the picking up and the throwing...hehe..

Sorry, I just started playing it again..

The Servers are a bit overburdened now tho, and quite slow, plus some firewall issues that you may have to deal with , but I made Captain already 18-0, waiting for my first loss laugh

Quote:
The only RTS game that I really enjoy (still...) is Age of Empires 2... Any thoughts on how it compares?

What a game that is. You should try age of mythology. Same sort of deal, better graphics, oh and famrs don't run out!!

adamvjackson, Age of Empires 2 is soo much better than CnC: Generals. Generals is the same RTS theyve been pushing since the original CnC. Westwood has no clue how to innovate gameplay. They simply upgrade the graphics and think its a new game. AOE2, now thats an RTS.