Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kimbra

please help????

Does anyone know how to make Myst for windows 95 compatible with my windows xp (or as the disc calls it windows nt)???????i could really use the help frown

I have tried the compatibility mode, but now my comp says that there is an error in running the program. Or if it doesnt say THAT, my comp says that Myst is not responding.

Have you tried running the program WITHOUT any compatiblity modes? I tried the game succesfully on Windows 2000 without too much of a hassle.

If you insist on using a compatibility mode, either try using Windows 95/98/Me compatiblity modes, OR look into the obsolete Apcompat.exe (which may prove useful sometimes).

For more info about Apcompat.exe, read this

You can get apcompat from the Windows 2000 CD. it would be found under the "support" folder. You can also do a google search to find it smile

But remmember, Apcompat.exe is obsolete. Your best bet is to install SP!1(for XP) or SP3 (for 2k) and use the built-in application compatiblity features.

Good luck smile

I'm sure the poster has probably tried it without any compatability mode set but you can never be sure smile

That reminds me when we first had WinXP released and we got a whole load of people posting here "Can't get game x to run, I've tried all the compatability modes".

The reply being it works without the need for any!

People do tend to jump into troubleshooting before a problem has actually been found!

Anyway, fingers crossed the original poster had already tried that.

For his/her sake I hope so too. It would be a releif for him/her to know no trouble shooting was necessary and things are A-Ok to beign with.

IN any case, should the poster need further assistance, I'm sure he/she will post a reply soon smile