Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jimf43

product reviews in wmv/mov ???

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

I've noticed that a number of the product reviews that you're listing are in wmv/mov format. I for one find that product reviews in wmv/mov are a real waste of bandwidth. It's like someone doesn't want to take the time to do it right. I don't really get much out of these, and, I don't feel that this format works well for a review.

It's a neat concept, but I'd much rather have something to read instead. It takes less time to go through a written review than a video one. 60MB files are pretty big for a review of something. Unless you have a T1 line or something, it's not always feesible. It may become bigger when more people have a fast enough connection (which isn't ever fast enough)

Quote:
What would yoou propose as a solution?

laugh

I gotta tell you that right now my response is "Oh S#@* another one of those!" and, I end up not (viewing/reading) it. I know, that's not a solution... ;(

The solution is that a reviewer should do a more traditional review format, and maybe that we should (must) tell these 'reviewers' that their format doesn't work.