Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

Cisco to acquire Linksys

Bring on the command line interface for Linksys devices !! Imagine soho WAPs now having the ability of 802.1x including TKIP and MIC.

laugh

CLIs are stupid for domestic applications (I am assuming that DS3 was being sarcastic, or at least I hope so ;)). I can't stand them. I had to fiddle around with one for my Eicon ISDN router that I used a long time ago, and that got old, especially since you would control some stuff via CLI, and other stuff via HTML/WWW.

Another problem with this is that it means Cisco is going on another shopping spree. So many people pointed and b1tched about MS doing this, but Cisco was just as bad for a long time, and then quietly stepped back when MS got hauled into court. Oh well, I guess all the IOS exploits will now have more hardware to make it to...

Quote:
CLIs are stupid for domestic applications (I am assuming that DS3 was being sarcastic, or at least I hope so ). I can't stand them.

Glad to see I am not the only one who appreciates a little bit of sarcasm wink

smile

Quote:
They will disolve the linsys brand.

You can count on that.

I'm not so sure about that, since there's a lot of money in that name brand for residential and SOHO equipment. But they can (and will) do what they want with it.

With the market what it is, Cisco cannot sustain Linksys, and keep its bottom line.

They will start by removing product lines, and then eventually merging products into their own line.

Although they will keep the Linksys names.

There goes cheap quality networking devices. frown The Netgear FA310TX is one of the most prominent NIC cards in computers that I have seen and is definetly a very good piece of hardware.

Sigh. Everything is getting gobbled up. Good thing I have lots of $$$.

Quote:
That would make installing a home LAN so much more fun... for all the wrong reasons...

"Dad! How come you can use chat, but I can't?"
"When you learn how to read an access list, you'll know why." "DAAAAAAAAAD!!!"