Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arin

Duel monitor (monitor and TV)

I have a few questions about duel monitor output.

Here is what I want.

I want my monitor to be my primary desktop. I want my tv to be my secondary desktop. I can do this fine but when I try to watch any video or movie on the tv the window just shows up black w/o the video feed.

Now, if I clone my monitor with the nvidia Nview stuff I can see my desktop on both screens and I am able to watch the movie on the tv.

But thats not what I want. I want to watch the movie on the tv and watch still use the computer on my monitor.

How do I do this?

I have windows xp and a geforce 4 w/ analog, digital, and s-video out with the latest nvidia drivers.

If using something like WinDVD, the application needs to use the primary video display to show the movie. I found this out last week when I got my spiffy new flat panel and wanted to watch DVDs on my DVI input, which at the time the nVidia drivers had considered to be the secondary display. I switched it to primary, and it worked great. However, when I would watch movies and videos using media player, I can see the feed on my secondary monitor (I now have a 17" CRT using the analog connection) without any issues. I would suggest trying a different video player (such as media player) or seeing if the media application has a setting for which display it works with.

media player / powerdvd / winamp - will all use video overlay - make sure in your nvidia options you turn on video overlay (under advance options some where- would look, but benching out my rig right now) - i use that exact setup on my system 19" as main - watch a movie - it shows on the main display - but i can minimize it, and once the movie plays it comes out full screen on my tv.