Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
last-signal

Boot Files problem

I copy Boot.ini , ntldr and ntdetect to a floppy . however , it can't boot bacause those files are hidden ( DOS can't read ) , I want to uncheck Hidden in File Property of those files , it didn't work 'cause the Hidden button also hidden .( System files )

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

I know there is no built in facility in Windows 2000 to make floppy bootable or NT4 for that matter. If you want things to work why don't you try modifying the windows NT/2000 boot floppy. Just make a copy of it and then do your voodoo. Did you want a bootable NTFS floppy, because that probably isn't going to work frown. YOu might try the 300 dollar solution at www.sysinternals.com, I'm sure there are others, hell there might even be a freeware option. If you just want a good old boot disk use Dos 6/7.X boot files go to www.bootdisk.com

Good Luck,

Christian Blackburn

Hi Last Signal,

Why don't you tell us all what you need a bootable Nt-based floppy for and then I think we'll be better able to assist you.

Good Luck,

Christian Blackburn

The only reason for placing the NTLoader on a floppy would be if the NTLoader on the hard drive was corrupted....