Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Curley_Boy

IE6 Open links in the SAME window

Ok please don't laugh....

How do I force IE6 to open links in the same window as the one I clicked the link in?

I've tried Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>'Re-use windows for launching shortcuts' but that didn't help.

Quote:
Ok please don't laugh....

How do I force IE6 to open links in the same window as the one I clicked the link in?

I've tried Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>'Re-use windows for launching shortcuts' but that didn't help.

That bugs me too. I don't think there is a setting for it though. You can however just drage the link to the addressbar or titlebar.

With Phoenix, you can add this line to the user.js file:

Code:
// Stop reusing active windows:user_pref("advanced.system.supportDDEExec", false);

Quote:

Code:
// Stop reusing active windows:user_pref("advanced.system.supportDDEExec", false);

yeah well what does that have to do with anything?

I already use Phoenix 90% of the time (and a mighty fine browser it is too)

However some pages (MS site and those created with Frontpage etc) refuse to display correctly or at all if you don't use a version of IE, hence my original post.

Quote:
However some pages (MS site and those created with Frontpage etc) refuse to display correctly or at all if you don't use a version of IE, hence my original post.

This is because those pages do not follow HTML standard. frown

Quote:

Code:

With Mozilla, you can simply type "about:config" into Location bar and change the value there.. I thought you could do the same in Phoenix too.. I'm not that sure though.

u can't do it in IE or set it to do that frown - that option is designed into the web page it's self , so it is a matter of asking the maker to change his html in his page.