Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Torrance

CPUFSB, lightspeed, CPUCool

Anybody have any experience with these or any other programs to alter the FSB settings from within Windows? Which is best if any, etc.? I have Athlon XP1800 with Nvidia chipset.

Also, I am new here so G'day to all and I'm looking forward to some interesting exchanges !!

Quote:
Anybody have any experience with these or any other programs to alter the FSB settings from within Windows? Which is best if any, etc.? I have Athlon XP1800 with Nvidia chipset.
Also, I am new here so G'day to all and I'm looking forward to some interesting exchanges !!

Hmm... I don't know that I would trust changing the FSB from anywhere but the bios configuration. It seems risky. Just curious, what board are you using?

I used to use Fuzzy Logic but noticed the FSB it reported was different from other programs that detect the FSB. On top of that the actual bios was different to.. . I now exclusively use the bios to change FSB, it and all the other programs reported the same number.

UP

I'd like to know if there is any freeware program that changes FSB within Windows XP.

When I tried that I wasn't able to make it apply new FSB at startup. Can it be donne?