Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tom-boy

Wireless mouse for gaming

I want to buy a cordless keyboard and a mouse and would like to get the Logitech's ones, since everybody seems to be quite enthusiastic about it. But how does the mouse behave in a game, especially in fast paced one? I've heard that cordless mice tend to lag behind badly. If so, is there any GOOD cordless mouse with affordable price for gaming?

I use a logitech wireless optical.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=N82E16826104117

Anyway, it has been great. No stuttering or problems at all until the batteries get real low. Batteries last for over a month, though so it's not a huge deal.

I also just bought the wireless optical elite keyboard/mouse combo. The mouse large and awkward but the keyboard is great. It gave me some intial problems at first with my machine locking up when I hit a button or two but that seems to have resolved itself. I use the keyboard but stuck with my other cordless mouse.

i have an opinion here

i freaking HATE gaming wireless/optical. doesnt have the reaction time

a ball does. im experimenting with different patterns on the mouse pad but a ball always rules.

cant beat optical/wireless for stability for 3d engineering apps.

Quote:
i have an opinion here
a ball does. im experimenting with different patterns on the mouse pad but a ball always rules.

Mine works great. Never had any problem with it. Not even on my old K6-2

Logitech MX 700. Best mouse on earth.

here's the deal. Regular wireless mice get from 35 hz(m$ intellicrap wireless) refresh to 50 hz refresh(old logitechs). The logitech MX 700 broke this barrier. it gets 125 Hz refresh, same as USB mice.

It is perfect. Gamers complaints about wireless being bad for games does not count for the MX 700. It has been a breakthrough that they get 125 Hz refresh on a wireless mouse.

Rejoice al, and get yourself a logitech MX 700.

It also comes with a recharging bay and battery pack builtin, so no replacing batteries. (the recharging bay is also the receiver)

Quote:
i have an opinion here

I can't disagree with you about the wireless part, but, a ball instead of optical??? 8) As an Engineer I think that anyone still using a ball is totally nuts :x You still using spoked wheels on your motorcycle too? ;(

I'd suggest sticking with a wired mouse. No lag, no wasting money on batteries, no wasting money on the more expensive mouse, less batteries with their toxic chemicals that get trashed, and corded mice weigh less, which is better for gaming.

I suggest the MS Intellimouse Optical. 5 buttons, scroll wheel, not terribly expensive, and has a sampling rate of 6000 scans per second, 3 times faster than most optical mice. This eliminates the erratic pointer movement caused by fast mouse movement.

Can't stand ball mice anymore. Other than the higher resolution of the boomerslang mouse (which isn't worth it anyways with the inconsistancy of a ball mouse), I can't think of a single reason why ball mice are better.

For more on the topic, try this thread:

http://www.ntcompatible.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20275

Logitech MX 700 has no lag and doesnt waste batteries they recharge.

its incredible.

Hmm, lotsa different thoughts so far smile Keep it coming! Yes, I've eard about MX 700, too, and it seems to be pretty interesting tool indeed, but way out of my price range. So far, it seems a tie between my old 'new' keyboard (3 Euros! Works like a charm) + wired optical mouse and Logitech's cordless, but these other cordless mice will also be considered. Basically, I actually wouldn't need new mouse+keyboard that badly, but I'm just sick and tired of all the wires on my desk: keyboard, mouse, earphones, joystick etc. Having cordless keyboard+mouse would seem to be the most logical thing to start with: you use them most and it's cheaper than getting new earphones or stick. Have to think about this a bit longer still smile

Oh, and here, we don't have problems with batteries: everything is recycled/destroyed safely. But the weight and the expenses- hmm?

If you go with a cheap cordless mouse, i still recommend Logitech, or more specifically, not microsoft. Microsoft's cordless optical mice only have 35 Hz refresh, and Logitech's cheap old ones have 50 hz refresh.

Thank's, mate! I'll think we have winner(s). read some reviews about the hardware mentioned here and I'll think I go with Logitech (as originally was going to smile ) The cordless keyborad+mouse is the first choice, but I'll probably go and buy also another mouse: they tend to break if things don't go the way I want to laugh

Quote:
Quote:
i have an opinion here

I can't disagree with you about the wireless part, but, a ball instead of optical??? 8) As an Engineer I think that anyone still using a ball is totally nuts :x You still using spoked wheels on your motorcycle too? ;(

laugh
and clay wheels on my skateboard.

i am optical at work and home. but it still ticks me sometimes when the mouse doesnt respond fast enough. i still have my old logitec ball mouse that i plug in sometimes on the weekend if i wanna do nuthin but play games.
it's soooo old i have rebuilt it several times replacing buttons and springs.

GET A MX 700 !!!!!!!! :x I game a lot ( SOF II extensively ) and BY FAR that is the mouse to have.

No wires.............. buying batteries ????? HA !!! Just toss it into it's "recharging base" and in an hour you're back fragging.

Quote:
GET A MX 700 !!!!!!!! :x I game a lot ( SOF II extensively ) and BY FAR that is the mouse to have.

No wires.............. buying batteries ????? HA !!! Just toss it into it's "recharging base" and in an hour you're back fragging.

$60 for a mouse??? I'd rather stay corded.

lose gaming for an hour?

forget that

i use rechargable batteries with a fresh set ready to replace duringa game

same for the wireless keyboard. but i only need to replace those every 6 months or so.

I paid almost $80 for my MS Intellimouse explorer when they 1st came out. I also own a MX 700 and its a great mouse to have. I just put it in the recharge base at night and in the morning its always fully charged.