Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ViolentGreen

iTunes music store

So do you all think this will be successful? I think when it finally gets ported to windows I will use it. You have a guarantee of quality and of download speed plus the ability to preview. I don't download all that much anymore but I think I will use it when I do. Those three features are worth the 99 cents. It will onlt have 200,000 songs at first so I am a little concerned about the selection of the more obscure stuff that I usually download. I think one of the biggest hurdles will be all the kids and peopel who do not or can not have a credit card. Just my thoughts... Its a slow day.

They need to offer a snalmail download option, whereyou can download a certain number on good faith tat you will pay.

After a certain limit your downloads are suspended until payment clears, at whic point you can download again. This for people that don't have credit cards. The need to download now without a credit card is important because much of the music fans out there are young people, and they are trying to compete with "free" afterall.

Quote:
They need to offer a snalmail download option, whereyou can download a certain number on good faith tat you will pay.

After a certain limit your downloads are suspended until payment clears, at whic point you can download again. This for people that don't have credit cards. The need to download now without a credit card is important because much of the music fans out there are young people, and they are trying to compete with "free" afterall.

That is an idea. Perhaps send a bill. There would be ways of getting around that though, I am sure people would make new accounts and repeat.

Doesn't seem bad, I just hope that the compression ratio isn't horrible. It diffinally less than $13-15 a CD.