Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

Microsoft Liscensing Issues

Well I found out firsthand some issues with MS and it's license policies.

Last Sept I downloaded a trial of Money 2003 Deluxe, and purchased the upgrade for $39.95, which btw was cheaper then the $59.95 at the local exchange.

I got the liscense key and installed it no problem, but noticed that my credit card was billed twice. So I called MS with the information and the order number I recieved in the mail. THe number was for a different order under a different name. THey had to search for my order under my name and address. Well after getting that taken care of I was credited later. Weird thing is the charges were months apart.

ANyways after I upgraded my computer recently I installed Money 2003 Trial and used the key to activate it. It said I had run out of times to activate it and to call MS.

SO I did and they told me to purchase a new Key for $39.95

My argument was:

If I had purchased this software at my local exchange I wouldn't have to activate it, and you are selling it as the same software, under a different EULA.

The lady was persistant to tell me to purchase a new copy.

I ask for the supervisor, who is very nice , and I explain I upgrade frequently and 5 times to activate something isn't going to work. Windows XP and Office both let you upgrade infinate amount of times providing you call them.

I explained I wouldn't have bothered purchasing it online if I had know it was limited.

He apologized and agreed to send me a hard copy of Money 2003 Deluxe.

Just thought that was a lot of trouble