Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DS3Circuit

APK System Tools for Windows ® ²°°² + + SR-4 06/20/2003

Quote:
This is it, I have answered most users requests on what to add or improve on it & I am DONE @ last I think programming it's applications since 1996 up to today in 2003... it's been fun, but I am now "retiring" I think from the shareware/freeware arena!

Man, what a run you have had ... you have outlasted and most likely most of the Dot Coms ... that went belly up just recently. wink

Quote:
P.S.=> If you want to try the NEWEST "APK Registry Cleaning Engine 2002++ SR-4" ahead of time, let me know... I can send it in a zipfile with its .exe & .dll for you to tryout ahead of time if you wish @ 601kb attached zipfile in email... just to get a taste of it now, it's definitely done as far as I am concerned... apk

Only if you get a chance, mind sending it my way .... I wouldnt mind a sneak peak smile

Bro you got some really great tools

But why did you block Paypal in your hosts file? laugh

I gots to get paid ya know

Alec, man, hate to do this to you, but there's a bug in RAMCharge - as soon as I start it, it keeps coming back with 101 dialog boxes, all of them saying "06/30/2004 is not a valid date" - which is right for a large part of the world, especially where I'm sitting now!

Have you hard coded the assumption that everyone uses mm/dd/yyyy dates? Because on the other side of the pond, we all use dd/mm/yyyy...

Just a little niggle in an otherwise excellent product

Rgds

AndyF

Alec

I can understand why you do this, however there are 2 problems:

(1) You are alienating the rest of the world that doesn't use US date formats

(2) It doesn't just bring up one error message, it brings up hundreds - one after another, until the task is killed using Task Manager

Both of these suggest to me that it is a bug, because the nag screen is (a) appearing before June 2004 and (B) appearing incessantly

Again, I can understand why you're doing it from a money standpoint, but at the moment, the application won't work outside of countries using US date formats - which means that you're losing market share (and money).

Now if you're inserting the nags to get more money (and why shouldn't you - I imagine you've sweated blood over the years on these apps), surely it makes more sense to fix the problem and get more money in the long term? Surely it would only take a couple of extra lines to pull the system date format and check accordingly?

Just my 2 cents worth

Rgds

AndyF

I'll stop moaning, then laugh

You've obviously made up your mind, and are going to stand by it (which is rare enough these days as it is!). I'm also entitled to my view, and we'll just have to agree to disagree wink

I think $10 is peanuts (and you can expect my contribution soon enough) - especially when you think that there are, what, 20-30 apps included in the suite? That 50cents per app - cheap at half the price!

Rgds

AndyF