Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Curley_Boy

Need help finding a VESA driver for my guest OS in VirtualPC

I'm trying to run some games that require vesa support to run correctly in virtual pc. (Tomb Raider & An all new world of Lemmings).

My guest OS in VPC is Windows 95 (4.00.950). The detected video card for the guest is the S3 Trio 32/64 PCI.

Does anyone have any links for some 95 compatible drivers that will work with the above card? (assuming they will even work in VPC, but we can hope).

Im using Virtual PC 4.36 in Windows XP Pro SP1.

Your looking for Scitech Display Doctor which was released for free by Scitech a couple of months ago for download on their site.

BTW, Tomb Raider can be played in all of it's "Glory" in NT4/2000/XP just fine even better if you have the 3DFX ver since you can run Tomb Raider under GliDOS and experience TR in Glide.

As for the lemming game I don't have any experience with that one.

Thanks for the link although I already tried those utilities before.... the in game movies, although they play, are distorted and serverly interlaced. Not a biggie though their nothing to get exited over and I have seen them a millon times before... just trying to get that 'perfect emulation' experience you know?

I know Tomb Raider can run flawlessly under XP, however I run it under VPC because the sound card on my system has the notorious VIA 686B/ SoundBlaster crackling bug, which is noticable in VDMSound on the game but not in VPC.