Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NemesisX

DirectX 9.0a and Earth and Beyond

Hey, any of you that play Earth and Beyond or.. it could be somehow related to some other high graphics game.

Before I installed Direct X 9.0, when I try to minimize the game, it would at times take a while to get back to desktop. Sometimes the display stays on but I see my window's desktop pointer. However, the whole display is the game, not the desktop that I minimize to. It used to minimize fine with DirectX 8.0 installed.

I use a Geforce 3 on Windows XP. Anyone know what the problem could possibly be?

I was stuck to dx 8.1 because it runs smooth, I have installed dx9.0a because it is a requisite for new games that doesn't work with dx8. I noticed the slowdown switching apps, and in some games when accesing to the main menu, like in Half-Life, the game seems to hang with a black screen.

It is not computer related because we tested a lot of different machines, celeron 700, pentium III, AMD Thunderbird, XP 1800, 2000 pIV 1700 and pIV 3,06, with radeon 7000, 7500, 9000, 9500, 9700pro, 9800pro, geforce Ti4200, Ti4600... I think we even tested dx9 with voodoo3 (not sure) with same results.

And with different operative systems, windows 2000 and windows XP... same results with them.

Hope Micro$oft fixes it soon.

Quote:
I was stuck to dx 8.1 because it runs smooth, I have installed dx9.0a because it is a requisite for new games that doesn't work with dx8. I noticed the slowdown switching apps, and in some games when accesing to the main menu, like in Half-Life, the game seems to hang with a black screen.

It is not computer related because we tested a lot of different machines, celeron 700, pentium III, AMD Thunderbird, XP 1800, 2000 pIV 1700 and pIV 3,06, with radeon 7000, 7500, 9000, 9500, 9700pro, 9800pro, geforce Ti4200, Ti4600... I think we even tested dx9 with voodoo3 (not sure) with same results.

And with different operative systems, windows 2000 and windows XP... same results with them.

Hope Micro$oft fixes it soon.

Are games even out that require dx9?

www.fungwanonline.com

That game requires dx9 to run, I think enter the matrix and some other reneeds dx9 too.

May be they can work with dx8, but the game refuses to run if detects a wrong dx version.

ahh.. so it's not hardware then.. It's defintely dx9?

I had reinstalled windows a few weeks ago and installed dx9 purpsoely, hoping that it was a software configuration that was causing it do mess up. But I guess it's just direct.. So there's no fix for this? unless we wait for a patch or something..

Well, please post if you guys find anything new that could possibly improve it. Thanks!

You can also try up[censored] your drivers to a version with superior DX9 support. It's not always DirectX's fault when screwy behavior occurs. www.NVidia.com

Cheers,

Christian

I am pretty sure I have the newest drivers for my Geforce, so I don't think that's the problem.. frown