Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bobbinbrisco

nero vs alcohol

They are 2 different peices of software.

Alcohol is designed to by-pass protections on protected CD's and replicate them on the coppied CD so that you can play games using your "backup".

Nero is usefull for making a music CD or just a normal data CD, but it cant duplicate any of the modern game protection!

So you have to ask yourself a question, do you want to duplicate protected games or just copy random files onto CD? smile

Both are good in their own rights.

But if your looking to back up your games or software, A-120% is the way to go. They have a demo available on their site.

If you purchase A-120%, there are free lifetime updates, so support the developers if you like the product.

Lt. Castle

get both

alcohol is sweeet. has a nifty virtual drive so u can mount image files instead of switching cd's all the time.

as immortal says it'll make an image of a protected cd.

with the cheap giant hd's around, having a hd filled with cd images is way cooler than constantly replacing cd's.

I have install A-120% twice now with nero and everly time it has caused problems. I wind up loosing one of my two drives in windows.

it is interesting what silver-dagger just said, for I too have both programs installed and I keep losing my secondary drive on my primary ide. Its been going on for over a month now and I cannot figure out why. Sometimes the drive is there and sometimes not. have you by any chance figured out what progy is causing it? or is it having both installed at same time.

Well I could not figure out how to get my cd drive back so I just wiped my C drive and reinstalled 2000. When I installed A-120% I lost the drive again. I think it may have something to do with A-120% virtual drive. The sad thing is that you can not turn this off untill after it is installed. By then it is too late. ;(

Silver dagger,

The way to fix this is to use Disk managmenet in Admionistrator tools and re-name each of the drive letter wise. I had the same problem, and thats how i got round it!

Quote:
Silver dagger,
The way to fix this is to use Disk managmenet in Admionistrator tools and re-name each of the drive letter wise. I had the same problem, and thats how i got round it!

I had that same problem
and I don't think you should need to reasign drive letters after installing software.
Just my two cents and I'm not dis-ing the product.
S