Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Christianb

Which e-mail service has the best spam filtering?

Hi Gang,

I recall hearing that CNET (I think) created a new e-mail service that would actually write a user back the first time they send something and ask them to state their business or just made them verify. Does anyone know the name of this service? I think it would work for a while anyways.

Thanks in Advance,

Christian Blackburn

I think that was Earthlink. Haven't heard much about it since then though so I'm not sure how well it's going for them. I use both Hotmail and Yahoo, they both do a pretty decent job of filtering out crap for me. I get about 60 spams a day, but it's been several months since one has made it to my inbox. YMMV

Jim

Quote:
Hi Gang,
I recall hearing that CNET (I think) created a new e-mail service that would actually write a user back the first time they send something and ask them to state their business or just made them verify. Does anyone know the name of this service? I think it would work for a while anyways.
Thanks in Advance,
Christian Blackburn

That would just annoy the hell out of people. It will also probably keep you from getting legitimate email, especially for automated services. For example, you order a product online and it sends a order confirmation from an unmonitored account, unless you have that email address (which you probably won't know) in your address book or safe list, you won't get the confirmation. Same thing for any new notification that you request.

I just think it would filter way too much stuff off.

there is a ton of them we get them at work here often when we send out mailing lists.

u click a link in the meail - it takes the sender to a web site where they put in a code or something and then it will allow your email to go through to the recipient.

it is a neat idea, but can get annoying.

i can not recall any names but shall keep an eye out for some.

Yahoo use a great spam filtering system.

Although my "Junk Mail" box on my yahoo account is always full, I would be unlucky to get one unsolicited message a month to my inbox.

Hotmail has got much better too since they implemented their new anti-spam stuff recently.