Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ubik

TNT problems (still..)

Uhhrg.. I've posted about this before, but I still haven't really found a solution..

Everything with my TNT works, except in Quake 3 it's *really* dark. I got it a bit brighter by fooling with the brightness slider (it just sort of 'clicks in' at some point), but it's still unplayably dark.

I've tried every driver set I can get my hands on (bout 8-9 by now..), but nothing has changed. I even downloaded the latest bios for the TNT from creative.

One very odd (and *extremely* frustrating) thing is that when I run Q3 in a window, everything is happy - brightness slider works A-OK.

Ahhhrrgg - Win2k is *this* ->|<- close to working great for me, but I *need* my Q3..

Oh, I also have a Voodoo2 SLI - whole other problem there.. wink Like my TNT, at first glance it appears to work, but when I go to play, the mouse control is *totally* laggy. I think I had the same prob in Win98 tho, and that's why I never used my SLI for Q3 in the first place.. doh.

Anyways, needless to say, any help here would be much appreciated!

[This message has been edited by Ubik (edited 13 January 2000).]

I also use a CL TNT1 and V2 CLI - the combination of latest version (3.69 now) drivers with a OpenGL driver from 3.52 works in Q3A a treat - no extreme darkness at all...

Just install the new version drivers, reboot, then overwrite the NVOGLNT.DLL in WINNT\SYSTEM32 with the 3.52 (1.1.4 internal version) file.